(reposted from www.edmontonbikes.ca)
What can you build over three years with 1.5 million dollars?
- 18 metres of the 23 Ave interchange
- 34 kilometres of shared use and on-street bike lanes
What can you build over three years with 0 dollars?
Edmonton has already built 76 km of its 489 km bicycle transportation network, with minimal investment. Let Council know that the $0 proposed for active transportation in the 2012-2014 capital budget isn’t enough.
Remind City Hall of its commitments. Speak out for active transportation funding at the public hearing on Wednesday, November 23 at 9:30am at City Hall. It can be as simple and powerful as stating, “Active transportation is a priority for me, and it’s a priority in the City’s vision and strategy documents. Council needs to find a way to fund active transportation.” They’ll appreciate your brevity, and you’ll get your message across.
Can’t make the hearing? Send council a letter today letting them know that active transportation is important to you. It can simply be the two sentences above: Council just needs to hear from citizens that we care about active transportation.
- Ward 1: Linda Sloan :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 2: Kim Krushell :: email@example.com
- Ward 3: Dave Loken :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 4: Ed Gibbons :: email@example.com
- Ward 5: Karen Leibovici :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 6: Jane Batty :: email@example.com
- Ward 7: Tony Caterina :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 8: Ben Henderson :: email@example.com
- Ward 9: Bryan Anderson :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 10: Don Iveson :: email@example.com
- Ward 11: Kerry Diotte :: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 12: Amarjeet Sohi :: email@example.com
- Mayor :: Stephen Mandel :: firstname.lastname@example.org